We are finally ready to reveal our secret formula just for K-2 teachers….
Introducing the 5 Step Lesson Planning Guide for Close Reading & Writing about Text.
This lesson planning guide goes far beyond highlighting passages and helps you plan that perfect close reading and writing lesson using ANY informational text you choose. Stick with this formula and your student’s work with blow you away!
How do we know?
We’ve tested these ideas again and again with real kids in real classrooms. These tried and true strategies are 4 years in the making. We’ve been presenting these ideas through teacher development workshops to thousands of educators across the state of Utah. Some of these ideas have even been presented at the SDE National Differentiated Conference this summer. Why? Because they work!
Your 5 Step Lesson Planning Guide includes several resources. You will receive:
- Detailed Lesson Plan that explains every part of the process (complete with diagrams and classroom samples to walk you through every step)
- Lesson Planning Template (to organize your planning)
- Text Complexity Checklist (to guide you when selecting your perfect informational text)
- Text Dependent Questions (including 3 stems for each CCSS RI standard AND the stems are specific to each grade level, K-2)
Our popular classroom anchor charts
- 7 Speaking and Listening Strategy Posters
- 1 Text Coding Poster
- 1 Vocabulary Poster
Printable Graphic Organizers
- 2 Vocabulary organizers (for figuring out unknown words)
- 8 Taking Notes organizers
Printable Writing Templates (for students to write about the text in a culminating task)
These templates are differentiated for each grade, K-2. Just print off the version you need for your students!)
- Chapter book
- Flip book
- 1 page summary
If you want to be impressed with the writing your students can produce this year, don’t delay. Download the 5 Step Lesson Planning Guide today!